There are many benefits to adopting two cats:
- Two cats can play together, satisfying each other’s need for physical and emotional interaction. Sometimes a cat with behavior problems will become well behaved when another cat was introduced because his misbehavior was just a result of boredom.
- Two cats can help groom each other by cleaning the hard-to-reach areas.
- Cats who live in a multi-cat home are thought to be happier and less likely to get into trouble.
- Cats who have already bonded or siblings may be happiest if not separated.
- An older cat will be quicker to accept two new kittens, who will play with each other and not bother the existing adult cat.
HAL partners with Petfinder and Adopt-a-Pet to advertise and showcase our foster animals. We also place cats in the Lobby cage at Port Royal Veterinary Hospital. To check out our four-legged friends as well as understand the HAL adoption process, select “Adopt” and then Petfinder or Adopt-a-Pet. Our primary goal is to find loving stable forever homes for these precious furry souls.
Pet of the Month
Buck Buchanon, our lovable big galoot, has been officially adopted! YEAH! He moved to a wonderful home on Cat Island with 2 cats (3 with him), 2 dogs, and 2 boys. Everyone has a crush on him. We could not be happier.
HAL is an all-volunteer charity and 98% of all monetary donations help the animals in Beaufort County, South Carolina.
If you would like to donate money to help with expenses associated with our foster animals, please click on the yellow “Donate” button (takes you to paypal) or Donate in the right hand navigation (gives you options).