1) Our Mission
The Humane Association of the Lowcountry (HAL) is devoted to enhancing the lives, adoption rates and experiences of homeless cats and dogs living in Beaufort County, SC. The amount of support we can provide is limited primarily by donations, availability of rescuers and foster families as well as forever homes. HAL is all-volunteer non-profit charity and a fund of the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry (CFL). 98% of our monetary donations are used to help the animals. We do not have a permanent facility. We are a small organization and most volunteers work independently out of their homes.
Thank you for your interest. The Foster Application should take you about 10 - 15 minutes to complete
3) Home Information
4) Please list ages of all children in the home or who visit:
(Or enter "not sure.")
5) Please list all other members living in your household (names and ages):
(Or enter "not sure.")
6) Animals in the Household:
Use + to add more rows
8) Is everyone in your household in agreement about fostering a cat or cats?
9) Will you board or have a pet sitter when you are away?
11) How did you learn about Humane Association of the Lowcountry (HAL)?
12) Do you have anything you want to add to this application?
20) Adoption Requirements
In order to adopt a HAL animal I must:
- BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
- Have identification showing my present address.
- Have the knowledge and consent to adopt from all adults living in my household.
- Have the knowledge and consent of my landlord or the person owning the premises in which the animal will live.
- Understand that this application is the property of HAL and will be retained in its files.
- Understand that HAL has full authority to approve or deny my application.
- Understand that HAL reserves the right to verify all information submitted on this application, including veterinary information.
- Understand it is my responsibility to provide a safe, warm, indoor housing for animal(s).
- Understand that animals allowed to go outdoors need monthly flea, tick, and heart worm treatments.
- Understand that I must provide quality food and access to water at all times.
- Understand that I must slowly introduce a new pet to my existing pet(s).
- Understand that I must spend time playing / training the new animal(s).
- Understand that I am responsible for bringing the animal(s) to the Vet for vaccinations, physicals, and medical treatment.
- Understand that I must closely monitor the condition of the animal(s) and contact my Vet immediately when problems are observed.
- UNDERSTAND THAT I MAY NOT TRANSFER OWNERSHIP OF ANY ANIMAL ADOPTED FROM HAL TO ANOTHER PARTY. IF I MUST RELINQUISH OWNERSHIP OF ANY ANIMAL THAT I NEED TO CONTACT A REPRESENTATIVE OF HAL TO RETURN THE ANIMAL or DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES.
- Understand that in handling animals there exists a risk of injury, infection, disease including physical harm caused by animals to me, my family or my pets. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and executors, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless HAL, its agents, servants and board from any and all claims, causes of actions, or demands and any nature of cause, including costs and attorney fees incurred or sustained by me in any way connected with my services to HAL but not limited to: animal bites, accidents, injuries, property damage and veterinary fees.
By selecting I Agree below I certify that the information I have supplied above is true and that any false statements may result in nullifying this application. I further understand that this application is the property of Humane Association of the Lowcountry (HAL) and will be retained by them. I also agree to contact a representative of HAL immediately to return any CAT/KITTENS that I may foster from them should I need to relinquish ownership of the animal(s) at any time.
Selecting I Agree below constitutes an electronic signature that is valid and a legal substitution for my written signature.
Thank you for considering fostering an animal for HAL. Our furry friends are most appreciative.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.